‘Tis The Season (To Make Home Movies)
Would you like to save money on gifts this holiday season?
Why not make a really great home movie (or several) , and send them to friends and family?
… No seriously. Why not?
- You already have a video camera. (Presumably)
- You have a computer. (And if you have a Mac, then you also have all the software that you’d need.)
- You have some great ideas.
What’s that, you say?
You’d like some ideas for what kind of home movies to make?
Grab your camcorder, and go make…
- A How-To video that shows how to prepare your favorite holiday recipe.
- A documentary about a family elder.
- Many of our parents and grandparents have amazing stories to tell.
- 10 things your thankful for this year.
- Ask each member of your family to come up with their own top 10.
- A music video. Decide what your favorite songs mean to you, and act them out with your family.
- A slide show of your vacation photos.
- Edit the pics to a catchy tune.
- A stand-up comedy routine. (Do people say your funnier than you look.)
- A video tour of your city.
- A 3-act play. (Maybe you’re a budding writer.)
- A sports highlight reel of your children on the athletic field.
- Show off some of the year’s biggest achievements.
- Your son got straight A’s.
- Your daughter made first chair in the school band
- Your spouse won an award in their field of expertise.
- You managed to maintain your sanity while working amongst a bunch of freaks and geeks at your work.
OK, class. I’ve had enough for one session. Go out there and make an awesome movie!
You can disregard that last achievement. Daddy’s had a rough day.